(Members only) Hours: Daily Sunrise to Sunset
- Members only. Wear your badges or be able to show them if asked.
- Catch limit, 3 fish per day. (Unlimited catch and release permitted provided barbs on hooks are removed and you must keep injured fish.)
- Absolutely no corn permitted.
- A valid Massachusetts Fishing License is required and you must comply with Mass. Fishing Regulations.
- Do not introduce fish from any other waters into the club pond. (Exceptions: shiners or minnows for bait.)
- Ice fishing permitted.
- Do not leave benches, barrels, or trash on the ice.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the pond’s berms. (Except as required for maintenance.)
For purposes of fish stocking the pond will be closed before fishing derbies. In the interest of safety, the pond and/or ranges may be closed to allow operation of other club functions. Please observe posted signs.
Mass Hunting & Fishing Information:
Use this link to Mass Wildlife Hunting, Fishing and Trapping information including downloadable copies of the 2020 Hunting and Saltwater Guides
Fish Committee NOTICE
As part of the recent Board of Director’s Meeting, the issue of holding the Spring Fishing Derby was raised. As the COVID-19 is spreading and concern is spreading, along with increasing governmental shut downs of gatherings, etc., are becoming more prevalent, the Board has decided on a postponement of the Spring Derby as the wisest course of action. We will look toward trying to hold it maybe in the Fall.
I thank all those members of the Club who have already spent time in preparation. We can hopefully pick up the ball and run with it later. Meanwhile, we will still do a stocking of the Club Pond, but a smaller amount of fish for now. Members can still enjoy fishing at the Club.
Hoping for the best!
Submitted by: Greg LaFlamme, Fish Committee Chairman
Fish Committee Report (Feb 2020):
ANGLER OF THE MONTH: Two fish have been turned in so far for consideration for the month of January by Casey Kruger and Rich Pineo. This is open to all members. Please record any nice fish you catch with a picture, and information including species, weight and length and where caught. We would like to have a winner each month. Contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org for entries or requests for information.
ANNUAL ONE HOLER ICE FISHING: This year’s event was held on January 25th. It was a good turnout and was one of the best in a long time based on the number of fish caught. It was a good day too for all the participants sharing a lot of good food and beverages. Bob Hoch won $5 for being the last one to catch a fish in the contest. Richard Morse won the 50/50 raffle and donated his winnings back to the Fish Committee for purchasing prizes for the Kid’s Spring Derby.
BIG STRIPER CONTEST RULES 2020: Due to changes in the rules for Striper catch in Massachusetts for 2020, the usual rules for the contest submission are being changed. They are:
- Member only registration of $10.
- The striper must be caught in New England waters.
- The catch must be submitted with a picture showing the measurement of the entire fish against a ruler, etc. Include data of where and when caught. Fish can be released.
- Weight is not considered this year due to catch and release, and slot limit rules.
- A larger fish can be substituted as the season progresses. The largest single fish submitted per angler is used for judging.
Registrations, entries or questions to Greg LaFlamme email@example.com
FISHING TRIVIA-The repeated question of a correct tying of a Perfection Loop was correctly done by Casey Krueger. He received a certificate for a free dinner at an upcoming General Membership Meeting.
- Cameron Pierce provided a nice under water video of the Eight Point Pond. To view the video just click the link below:
Pond Video link.
8PT Fishing Pond Pond (Panorama)
Kids Fishing Derby 2019